Legal English Certificate Mid-Term Test 1
UNITS 1-4 INTERNATIONAL LEGAL ENGLISH
The following test covers the topics discussed during the first Legal English classes (Units 1-4).
We are happy to receive your feedback at email@example.com!
- Define promoter, proxy, DBA filling, receiver.
- What is the difference between S-corporations and C-corporations?
- What is the free-riders issue?
- Can you enlarge upon ”vote with one’s feet’’?
- What is an LLP?
- What is a PLC? What are the mandatory issues for a PLC?
- What is an Ltd?
- LLB/LLM ?
- The right of the first refusal?
- What is non-contentious litigation?
- In your opinion, what effect is technology having on the practice of law?
- What do you think law firms look for in associates when considering forming partnerships?
- How do lawyers advertise their services in your country?
- Enlarge upon:
– the effect of the increased use of the English language in business transactions
– the level of English needed
– the importance of language in law.